Motorcycle accidents are some of the most devastating, as they almost always result in catastrophic injuries or death. Other motorists are much safer during an impact due to the protections offered by their vehicle, such as airbags, while motorcyclists are completely exposed. Tragically, these upsetting accidents only seem to increase during the summer months as more motorcycles, cars, and trucks fill our roads. Though it may seem impossible to field the possibility of a potentially tragic accident, all hope is not lost. By taking the correct safety measures, you can maximize your peace of mind every time you hop on.
If you are taking your motorcycle out for a ride this summer, don’t forget these crucial steps to ensure the safety of yourself and all others on the road:
- Wear all necessary safety gear, no matter how hot it gets. Never get on your motorcycle without a helmet, long pants or sleeves, and other protective equipment.
- Under no circumstances should you ride your motorcycle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Uphold all traffic laws including speed limits, stop signs, road markings, etc.
- Keep your distance from other vehicles and never assume they can see you. Stay out of blind spots when possible.
- Be alert and focused while on the road. Do not text or engage in other distracting behavior.
- Motorcycle maintenance saves lives. Make sure you regularly change the oil, check your brakes, and replace other worn-out parts as needed.
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident & Seeking Top Legal Counsel? Contact Our Skilled Firm Today
Unfortunately, you may be the most experienced and careful motorcyclist on the road and still get hit by a negligent or reckless car or truck driver. When that happens, look no further than our team at Scarzafava, Basdekis & Dadey, PLLC for impressive legal representation and compassionate guidance during this challenging time. We are passionate advocates and will not stop until your case is resolved as successfully as possible. Allow us to fight for you.
Are you interested in scheduling an initial case evaluation with a member of our team? Contact us at your earliest convenience by calling (607) 228-8404.