Accidents can happen any place and at any time, but when they are caused by the negligence of another party and result in injuries, you could have a viable personal injury case and obtain some much-needed compensation to recover from your injuries without having to pay for someone else’s mistakes. Tackling this legal matter on your own, however, is not easy, which is why it is imperative that you hire a skilled personal injury attorney who has experience in handling these types of cases. How would you know if you have found the personal injury attorney who is right for you?
Here are some tips on what to look for when seeking the assistance of a personal injury attorney:
- The best attorneys will have compassion for their clients and perceive the law as a way to help them rather than simply a way to make money. An ideal attorney will always try to do what is best for their clients and their families, which often means having to work long hours and taking a case to trial if it cannot be settled out of court.
- You should also make sure the attorney you hire has extensive experience in handling personal injury cases, including how to assess and investigate a claim. Personal injury law can be complicated and involve several elements, such as negligence and causation, so hiring an attorney who understands what these factors mean for your case can make a major difference in the
outcome. Hiring an attorney without experience is a big risk that is not worth taking, so make sure you ask how much experience he or she has in representing similar cases.
- What is the focus of the attorney’s practice? If he or she is an exceptionally skilled attorney, but does not regularly handle personal injury cases, this is not the attorney for you. Attorneys who lack a background in personal injury will not be equipped with the ability to accurately value the compensation to which you are entitled nor will they be able to negotiate a reasonable settlement on your behalf.
- An attorney’s reputation can also present some added value when it comes to resolving a personal injury case quickly. If your attorney is known for effectively fighting on behalf of injured victims and successfully obtaining the compensation they deserve, this will put you in the best position possible and you will stand a much better chance of achieving a fair settlement.
- All of the aforementioned qualities are critical for hiring the right personal injury attorney, but you should not overlook his or her personality. You need someone who will be there for you to answer your questions, discuss your case, and return your calls within a reasonable timeframe, so if you get the impression that an attorney will not be available when necessary,
continue your search.
Personal Injury Attorney in Oneonta
At Scarzafava, Basdekis & Dadey, PLLC, our personal injury attorneys in Oneonta provide high quality representation and commitment to those who have been injured due to another party’s negligence. Backed by decades of collective legal experience and a proven track record of success, you can be confident in our ability to secure the compensation to which you are entitled.
Get started on your case today and contact us at (607) 228-8404 to schedule a free initial case evaluation.